TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
All treatment times include consultation time. We only take cash. Bank transfers available only with prior arrangement. We require a minimum of 48-hour notice to cancel any appointments made otherwise full treatment fees will be incurred. Offers cannot be issued in conjunction with each other. The Amber Clinic is a subdivision of Sumeya Jakhura Ltd. The Amber Clinic reserves the right to refuse or cancel treatment bookings. All treatments are subject to availability. The therapist may stop treatment if he/she feels that the client’s behaviour is unsuitable. The therapist may refuse or stop treatments in progress if of the opinion that the treatment is detrimental to the health of the client or would make the therapist feel uncomfortable in any way. Please note that most treatments are strictly for women, some treatments are available for men when accompanied by a woman. Note: We can offer treatments to most people however we have a narrow entrance and a step, which could be a problem for some people. The Amber Clinic reserves the right to change price/ discount/ loyalty schemes without any notice. Whilst the therapist will ensure professional practice in consulting & providing relevant information about a treatment, the client takes full responsibility for continuing with the treatment and ensuring all advised aftercare is followed appropriately. Identity verification may be necessary to obtain discounts.
DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION POLICY
With much thought and consideration and due to last minute cancelations and no shows, we have updated our cancellation policy as follows from January 2022:
We require a minimum of 48-hour notice to cancel any appointments made otherwise full treatment fees will be incurred. Cancellations or amendments including cancelling part of a treatment with less than 48 hours notice or no shows will result in loss of your booking fee deposit. We require a £15 non-refundable deposit for all treatments booked at The Amber Clinic. Where a service price is lower than the fixed deposit, the lower value will be applied. The deposit will be used as part payment towards your service. The remainder balance will be paid on attendance of appointment. For group bookings, longer bookings (2+ hours) and if you have previously failed to adhere to cancelation policy, a minimum of 50% deposit on booking, will be required and the full balance to be paid 7 days prior to the appointment. If you fail to attend twice for your scheduled appointments we reserve the right to refuse future appointments.
1) Choose your booking wisely. We will ask you for a £15 deposit (or where a service price is lower than the fixed deposit, the lower value will be applied) to secure your booking.
2) Look out for a confirmation email or text, it is a courtesy only. However, you do not receive one, please attend your scheduled appointment or contact us to double check.
3) We do understand that things can come up, so don’t panic! Just give us at least 48 hour’s notice before the time of the appointment and we can reschedule your appointment. You can reschedule your booking on https://theamberclinic.book.app yourself, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call/ text us on 07984780372. If you give us less than 48 hours notice or no show for your slot, we will still try our best to re book your treatment(s) but we reserve the right to retain your full deposit to recover our cost.
4) Whereby we are unable to honour your appointment due to unforeseen circumstances you will be notified at the earliest convenience on the contact information you have provided us with. We will endeavour to re arrange your appointment, you may be offered an alternative therapist, date or time. Any deposits taken or online in this instance will not be lost.
5) We do not enjoy retaining deposits, we would much prefer to give our clients full value of their booked treatment and deliver a result! Just as you make a commitment to your appointments with us, likewise we are also making a commitment to you to be ready with the necessary staff, room, equipment and resources. We also deny other customers who may have desired the same slot, so that we are ready to treat you upon your arrival. We promise to serve you with quality from our skilled therapists/ professionals and deliver results through our cutting edge technology. We are committed to you!
Occasionally when mobile treatments are offered there is a standard charge of £5 within 5 miles radius. Beyond that is 40p per mile extra. Maximum Travel is 10miles
Please note Sumeya Jakhura is a UK Registered Dietitian practicing from the United Kingdom.
AESTHETIC BODY SCLPTING NOTE TO CONSUMER
Sumeya Jakhura is the owner of The Amber Clinic and is a Beauty Therapist that offers body sculpting treatments since 2002. Sumeya Jakhura is also a Registered Dietitian (Practicing in the UK) and Personal Trainer practicing since 2008 and 2017 respectively.
This disclaimer allows for Sumeya Jakhura to establish there is conflict of interest between her being a Beauty Therapist and a Dietitian.
As a Registered Dietitian Sumeya Jakhura DOES NOT RECOMMEND THE NEED TO HAVE any AESTHETHIC BODY SLIMMING OR SCULPTING TREATEMENTS. Her primary opinion and recommendation to all clients interested in any form of body sculpting or shaping treatment is to follow a healthy eating and exercise plan. Healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle changes can alone improve any client’s overall health, body image, shape and other health parameters.
In deciding to choose any body slimming or toning treatment from a beauty therapy/ aesthetic point of view then Sumeya Jakhura requests that you always consider lifestyle changes first and asks you to read, consider and sign a disclaimer to release Sumeya Jakhura from the Liability as a Health Professional to have fully informed you of the correct choice i.e. lifestyle changes first to include nutrition, diet and exercise prior to body sculpting or slimming treatments. A Healthy Lifestyle should always be maintained (before, during and after any body sculpting procedure) and no machine or treatment can be used as an alternative to healthy eating, aerobic or cardiovascular exercise.
Having informed you of the above we respect your custom and understand you have a right to have all the information to make an informed choice.
Sumeya Jakhura recommends that for a long lasting result for body shaping healthy eating and exercise is the best form of treatment. This is a clinically proven method to benefit your health and wellbeing.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED & DISCLAIMER
The materials contained on our site including The Amber Clinic & Vitality Dietitian and any other directly linked media sites such as facebook, instagram, You Tube, Twitter etc. are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.